12 pm – †Paul Parent
(Sunday, February 14, 2021)
Dear Parishioners, Friends and Guests,
As announced on Friday, much of Ontario is moving from lock down into the colour-coded system, which is welcome news for our parish since it allows us to gather for Mass once again. Waterloo Region is moving back to the red zone. This means that all the precautions we were taking before the December 26th lock down are still in effect.
1. Masses, weddings and funerals are allowed but are restricted to 30% capacity indoors and 100 people outdoors, as long as proper PPE guidelines can be adhered to including the use of facemasks.
Our first Masses in the church will be Ash Wednesday, February 17th at 8 am and 12 noon. The 8 am Mass will also be on Facebook Live. Our regular Mass schedule will resume on Thursday with adoration at 11 am followed by Mass at 12 noon.
2. If you feel sick, you are kindly asked to stay home. Some symptoms include: an elevated temperature, cough, sputum production, shortness of breath, undue fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle aching, runny nose, chills involving shakes, loss of taste or smell.
3. You are asked to take your temperature before coming to church. When you arrive, please wear your face mask or shield and sanitize your hands. If you need a mask we are happy to give you one.
Be sure to follow the guidance of the ministers of hospitality and sit only in the designated places to ensure physical distancing at all times.
Please avoid touching your face or other persons.
4. So that we will be able to properly disinfect the church, only the main area of the church will be open for now. We will have one entrance at the main doors of the church and one elevator entrance. Underneath the facemasks, the usual smiling faces will be there to greet you and help us all to be socially distant while we pray together.
5. Instead of a collection, baskets will be placed by the exits for you to leave an offering after Mass.
6. Communion will be given out on the hand only.
7. Washrooms are open to use when necessary. No more than one person/family (living at the same address) at a time should use a washroom.
8. Only the 11 am Sunday Mass will be live-streamed. If you are unable to attend Mass in person for any reason, we invite you to watch Mass on TV or online and recommend Salt and Light Television. Sunday Mass is not a holy day of obligation as the pandemic is not over yet.
9. The parish office is open by appointment only. Please give us a call, 519-576-3860 or email, email@example.com if you need anything and we will help in any way we can. If a meeting is required it will be held over the phone or on Zoom.
Thank you all for your patience and ongoing care and support of one another! We pray that our Blessed Mother’s intercession will help guide and protect us as we gather, heal, and celebrate around the Table of the Lord once again. God bless you and those you love!